Saturday, January 7, 2017

D-Xirable Movie Time! Hidden Figures!

Hello, my wonderful and amazing loves!

Today, I got to hang out with my twiny/bestie, Ja, and my Godmother, Ms. Angie. We went to AMC Barry Woods and saw the movie, Hidden Figures starring Octavia Spencer, Taraji P. Henson, and Janelle Monáe. It also stars Kirsten Dunst, Jim Parsons, Mahershala Ali, Aldis Hodge,
Glen Powell (who's gorgeous by the way), Kimberly Quinn and Kevin Costner.

Hidden Figures promo

Movie Synopsis:

Hidden Figures is the incredible untold story of Katherine G. Johnson (Taraji P. Henson), Dorothy Vaughan (Octavia Spencer) and Mary Jackson (Janelle Monáe)-brilliant African-American women working at NASA, who served as the brains and "human computers" behind one of the greatest operations in U.S. history: the launch of astronaut John Glenn into orbit, a stunning achievement that restored the nation's confidence, turned around the Space Race, and galvanized the world. The visionary trio crossed all gender and race lines to inspire generations to dream big.

Katherine G. Johnson (Taraji P. Henson), Dorothy Vaughan (Octavia Spencer), and Mary Jackson (Janelle Monáe)


John Glenn (Glen Powell) meets mathematician Katherine Johnson (Taraji P. Henson) in the film "Hidden Figures."

Katherine Johnson working as a "computer" for NASA

Mary Jackson taking classes at Hampton's all white high school

The ladies watching the launch of John Glenn
This movie is so inspiring, amazing, and powerful! I'm so inspired by these incredible, strong, and smart black women and their stories! They used their intelligence to help make history, how amazing is that! Watch this movie as three beautiful African American women rise to the top! I don't know who inspires me most because they were all brilliant and so determined. All of these women broke barriers which demands respect.

This is a must-see movie! I would definitely see it again. It really does inspire you to dream big!

I hope you enjoyed the post and the pics!

Sincerely,
LaTasha B.
x0x0x0x!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Thank you so much for reading my blog! I REALLY appreciate it! And if you're leaving a comment, thank you so much! I will respond back to you as soon as I can, and I will be sure to check out your blog as well! Have a lovely day! Love ya! x0x0x0x! :)