Saturday, December 20, 2014

D-Xirable Movie Time! The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies!

Hello, my wonderful and amazing loves!

Posters of The Hobbit: The Battles of the Five Armies

It has been a while. Yesterday, my Godma, my big sis Ja, auntie Kim, and I went to see The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. As you all know, I'm a huge fan of The Hobbit movies and the cast so you know I had to see this one as well. The movie was good and we all liked it. It had a lot of action in it, some comedy, and of course it was sad! My God-family and I really hated seeing some of our favorite characters die! Even though I did enjoy this film, my favorite of the series would still have to be The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. I don't know why, it just is.

Anyways, back to the movie at hand. Of course, I love the cast of The Hobbit series! You have the gorgeous Orlando Bloom as Legolas, the gorgeous Luke Evans as Bard the Bowman, the handsome Richard Armitage as Thorin, and the gorgeous Aidan Turner as Kili. Plus, you have some really talented actors and actresses in this cast as well! Those actresses being the beautiful Cate Blanchett and the beautiful Evangeline Lilly.

Now, who really stole the movie for me and my big sis Ja was, Thranduil (played by the handsome Lee Pace). Thranduil was just that character in this movie. He had the best looks and responses to things that were going on in this film. My favorite reaction was when Bard the Bowman came back to tell him that diplomacy didn't work with Thorin. Thranduil's reaction was like, "Okay. I already knew that. We go to war at dawn." He also had some other priceless reactions when it came to Gandalf telling him about the Orc's arrival. On top of that, Thranduil was riding a deer/moose/elk the entire time! And like a boss too! He just stole the entire movie for us.


Lee Pace as Thranduil

The other character that stole the movie for us was, Legolas (played by the gorgeous Orlando Bloom). It really was a movie for the Elves! Legolas was always a great character and made some sweet decisions in the name of love, and this time was no different. He defied his dad, Thranduil, for Tauriel, and fought in the war for her. It was so sweet! Of course, Tauriel was torn between the gorgeous Kili (played by Aidan Turner) and Legolas. Can't blame her either! I would have been torn between the both of them as well! But Legolas still wins for me. ;) He's just so nice with a bow and arrow! And he still loves her and looks after her even though she loves Kili.

Orlando Bloom as Legolas. And the Elves really did steal the show this time!

Richard Armitage did a wonderful job playing Thorin in this film. He really brought out Thorin's craziness as he was being plagued by the dragon sickness. You could really see the craziness in his eyes and his facial expressions! There was a real difference between the normal Thorin and the crazy Thorin. Such a talented actor! Of course, he overcomes the dragon sickness but to a fatal end...


Richard Armitage as Thorin

Luke Evans did a great playing Bard the Bowman. He kills Smaug and becomes the leader of the army of the men. The whole entire cast is extremely talented when it's all said and done. I love Gandalf the Gray and Galadriel. They had a really nice scene together in this film.

Luke Evans as Bard the Bowman


Two extremely gorgeous actors! Bard the Bowman (played by Luke Evans) and Legolas (played by Orlando Bloom)


The sweet scene between Galadriel (played by Cate Blanchett) and Gandalf (played by Ian McKellen)

It was hard for all of us to watch some of our favorite character's die. We knew it was coming but still didn't want it to happen. And it was like a domino effect too! But overall, it was a good movie. Just really sad. That's my opinion of this movie.

Thorin (played by Richard Armitage) and Kili (played by Aidan Turner)

The Line of Durin: Kili, Thorin, and Fili

Hope you enjoyed reading this post!

Love always,
LaTasha B.
x0x0x0x!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Thank you so much for reading my blog! I REALLY appreciate it! And if you're leaving a comment, thank you so much! I will respond back to you as soon as I can, and I will be sure to check out your blog as well! Have a lovely day! Love ya! x0x0x0x! :)