Friday, June 16, 2017

D-Xirable Poems! My Favorite Tupac Poems!


Hello, my wonderful and amazing loves!

Today is Tupac's birthday. He's another one of my favorite rappers. My favorite songs by him are "Brenda's Got a Baby", "Dear Mama", "Keep Ya Head Up", "I Ain't Mad at Cha", "Hail Mary", and "Changes". Not only am I fan of his music but I'm a fan of his poetry as well. His poems are beautiful and deep, further showing his talent and complexity. He was a great actor too! In honor of his birthday, I decided to post some of my favorite poems by him. All of these poems are beautiful!




In the Depths of Solitude: Dedicated 2 Me

I exist in the depths of solitude
pondering my true goal
Trying 2 find peace of mind
and still preserve my soul
Constantly yearning 2 be accepted
and from all receive respect
Never compromising but sometimes risky
and that is my only regret
A young heart with an old soul
how can there be peace
How can I be in the depths of solitude
when there R 2 inside of me
This duo within me causes
the perfect opportunity
2 learn and live twice as fast
as those who accept simplicity

*As a fellow Gemini, I can completely relate to this poem.

Sometimes I Cry (Poem)

Sometimes when I'm alone
I cry because I'm on my own
The tears I cry R bitter and warm
They flow with life but take no form
I cry because my heart is torn
and I find it difficult 2 carry on
If I had an ear 2 confide in
I would cry among my treasured friends
But who do u know that stops that long
To help another carry on
The world moves fast and it would rather pass u by
than 2 stop and c what makes u cry
It's painful and sad and sometimes I cry
and no one cares about why.


Under the Skies Above: After the Miscarriage

My child is out there somewhere
under the skies above
waiting anxiously 4 u and me
2 bless it with our love
A part of me a part of u
and a part of this love we share
will protect my unborn child
who lives dormant out there somewhere
Sometimes in my dreams
I imagine what it would be like
How could I properly guide him
when even I don't know what's right
Whether he is born in wealth or poverty
there will be no deficiency in love
I welcome this gift of life
given from GOD under the skies above


What is it That I Search 4

I know not what I search 4
But I know I have yet 2 find it,
Because it is invisible 2 the eye
My heart must search 4 it blinded.

And if by chance I find it,
Will I know my mission is achieved?
Can one come 2 conclusions,
Before the question is conceived?

Just as no one knows
what lies beyond the shore,
I will never find the answer 2
what it is that I search 4

*I love this poem because I'm searching for something too, and I'm not sure if I will find it.


God (Poem)

when I was alone and had nothing
I asked 4 a friend 2 help me bear the
pain no one came except . . . God

when I needed a breath 2 rise
from my sleep no one could
help me except . . . God

when all I saw was sadness
and I needed answers no one
heard me except . . . . God

so when I'm asked who I
give my unconditional love 2
Look For No other Name
except . . . GOD!

*I LOVE this poem! How can I not love a moving poem about God? When no one else is there, God is ALWAYS there!

Black Woman: 4 Marquita 

The day I met u I saw strength
and I knew from that point on
that u were pure woman 2 me
possessing a spirit that was strong

I want smiles 2 replace the sorrow
that u have encountered in the past
and since it was strength that attracted me 2 u
it will take strength 2 make it last

My negative side will attempt 2 change u
but please fight that with your all
it will be your strength that keep us both standing
while others around us fall

*"It will be your strength that keep us both standing while others around us fall". So powerful!


Love Is Just Complicated 

you ask me 2 communicate
what it is I feel within
I search 4 words 2 assist
but I find none 2 help me begin
I guess love is just complicated
Love
is
just
complicated.

I thought I knew my heart's desire
I thought I quenched my burning fire
I thought I wanted "A"
But "A" was 2 mixed up with "B"
Then "C" made me more confused
So "A" turned off me and "B" feels
better. "C" is upset and lonely
and me, I think Love is complicated.
Love
is
just
complicated.

*He sounds like me when it comes to love, it is complicated!


Why Must U Be Unfaithful (4 Women) 

MEN!
u shouldn't listen 2 your selfish heart
It doesn't really have a brain
Besides keeping u alive
Its existence is in vain
"How could I be so mean,
and say your heart has no place?"
Because mortal men fall in love again
as fast as they changed their face
I may be cruel, but think awhile about
The hearts that u have broken
Match that with the empty vows
and broken promises u've spoken
I am not saying females R perfect
Because men we know it's not true
But why must u be unfaithful
If her heart is true 2 u!!!!

*This poem is so true and so beautiful!



The Power of a Smile (4 RenĂ©e) 

The power of a gun can kill
and the power of Fire can Burn
The power of wind can chill
and the power of the mind can learn
The power of anger can rage
inside until it tears u apart
But the Power of a Smile
especially yours can heal a frozen Heart

*My favorite line - "and the power of the mind can learn".


Jada

U R the omega of my heart
The foundation 4 my conception of Love
When I think of what a black woman should be
Its u that I First think of

U will never fully understand
How Deeply my Heart Feels 4 u
I worry that we'll grow apart
And I'll end up losing u

U bring me 2 climax without sex
And u do it all with regal grace
U r my heart in Human Form
A Friend I could never replace

*This one is my absolute favorite one! It's so beautifully written and sweet! Love it!



When Ure Hero Falls: 4 My Hero (My Mother) 

When your hero falls from grace
all fairy tales R uncovered
myths exposed and pain magnified
the greatest pain discovered
u taught me 2 be strong
but I'm confused 2 c u so weak
u said never 2 give up
and it hurts 2 c u welcome defeat
when ure Hero falls so do the stars
and so does the perception of tomorrow
without my Hero there is only
me alone 2 deal with my sorrow.
your Heart ceases 2 work
and your soul is is not happy at all
what R u expected 2 do
when ure only Hero falls




A River That Flows Forever (Poem) 

As long as some suffer
The River Flows Forever
As long as there is pain
The River Flows Forever
As strong as a smile can be
The River Will Flow Forever
And as long as u R with me
we'll ride the River Together

*"We'll ride the River Together". The ending to this poem is brilliant!


The Promise 

"I will give u Liberty, But First give me ure spirit,
This I must confiscate Because the evil Fear it."
I too would be afraid of passion governed by reason
An open mind 2 trying times when corruption is in season
The promise that they claim
2 be completely true
is hypocrisy at its finest
A trick 2 silence u
never will I Believe a promise
from the masters of the Art
Trickery does not succeed
with those with Honest Hearts


So I Say GOODBYE (Nov 20) 

I'm going in2 this not knowing what I'll find
but I've decided 2 follow my heart and abandon my mind
and if there be pain I know that at least I gave my all
and it is better 2 have loved and lost than 2 not love at all
In the morning I may wake 2 smile or maybe 2 cry
but first 2 those of my past I must say goodbye

*My favorite line - "but I've decided 2 follow my heart and abandon my mind". 


In The Event of my Demise (Poem)

In the event of my Demise
when my heart can beat no more
I hope I die for a principle
or a belief that I had lived 4
I will die before my time
Because I feel the shadow's depth
so much I wanted 2 accomplish
Before I reached my death
I have come 2 grips with the possibility
and wiped the last tear from my eyes
I loved all who were positive
In the event of my Demise!

Hope you enjoyed the poetry and post! Happy birthday, Tupac!

With love,
LaTasha B.
x0x0x0x!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Thank you so much for reading my blog! I REALLY appreciate it! And if you're leaving a comment, thank you so much! I will respond back to you as soon as I can, and I will be sure to check out your blog as well! Have a lovely day! Love ya! x0x0x0x! :)