Monday, August 5, 2013

A D-Xirable Poem! Maya Angelou "Still I Rise"

"Every time you judge yourself, you break your own heart." 
- Unknown

If you don't know the kind of person I am,
And I don't know the kind of person you are;
Then we should LOVE one another,
And not judge each other.

Hello my wonderful and amazing loves!
I decided to do this post on one of my favorite poems, "Still I Rise" by Maya Angelou. I came across it the other day and I thought that it would make a lovely addition to my blog. It's such a beautiful and inspiring poem!

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”
― Mother Teresa

“Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!”
― Bob Marley


"Still I Rise"
by Maya Angelou


 Fine Artist: Greg Garner of New York City



You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
'Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops.
Weakened by my soulful cries.

Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
'Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin' in my own back yard.

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.

Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?

Out of the huts of history's shame
I rise
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.





 "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
― Dr. Seuss

"People are going to talk about you no matter what you do so I’d much rather be judged for standing out than for fitting in."
― Unknown

People will talk about you, people may even say some bad things about you, just remember to always rise when others try to bring you down! It doesn't matter what others think about you, how they feel about you, or what they say about you, just be yourself. Be true to who you are! There's no one on this planet that's exactly like you. You are unique, you are special, and more importantly, you are one of a kind! Just be true to you! People will love you for just doing that! Besides, no one knows you better than you know yourself. :)

 “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.”
― Bob Marley

Hope you enjoyed the post!
Love always,
LaTasha B.
x0x0x0x

2 comments:

  1. Hi sweety, hope you've had a wonderful weekend, I love what you said about not judging each other, every person has their imperfections so we shouldn't think we are better than anyone else. Love the beautiful and soulful poem, it really spoke to me and it motivates one to rise up above anything.Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me hun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely Sam,

      I did have a wonderful weekend! I hope you had a wonderful weekend too! I agree! Every person does have their imperfections so we shouldn't think that we are better than anyone else. I'm glad that you enjoyed the poem! It's one of my faves! Also, I'm glad that you enjoyed the post love! :)

      Love always,
      LaTasha B.
      x0x0x0x!

      Delete

Hello lovely reader! Thank you so much for reading my blog! I REALLY appreciate it! And if you're leaving a comment, thank you so much! I will respond back to you as soon as I can, and I will be sure to check out your blog as well! Have a lovely day! Love ya! x0x0x0x! :)